The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (MBNQA)
||We at PRM train and prepare organisations applying for Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (MBNQA) is presented annually by the President to the organizations that demonstrate quality and performance excellence. Three awards are given annually in each of six categories:
- Service company
- Small business
- Non-profit organizations
Baldrige Award was designed to raise awareness of quality management and recognize companies that have implemented successful quality-management systems.
Organizations that apply for the Baldrige Award are judged by an independent board of examiners. Recipients are selected based on achievement and improvement in seven areas, known as the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence:
- Leadership: How upper management leads the organization, and how the organization leads within the community.
- Strategic planning: How the organization establishes and plans to implement strategic directions.
- Customer and market focus: How the organization builds and maintains strong, lasting relationships with customers.
- Measurement, analysis, and knowledge management: How the organization uses data to support key processes and manage performance.
- Human resource focus: How the organization empowers and involves its workforce.
- Process management: How the organization designs, manages and improves key processes.
- Business/organizational performance results: How the organization performs in terms of customer satisfaction, finances, human resources, supplier and partner performance, operations, governance and social responsibility, and how the organization compares to its competitors.